Sunday, November 22, 2020

If I Was Writing the Next Sequel in the Twilight Series…

I’m a Twilight addict. I’ve watched most of the five movies in the series (Twilight, Eclipse, New Moon, Breaking Dawn part 1, Breaking Dawn part 2), made from the books written by Stephenie Meyer, 10 times, and that’s just in the last two months. That’s not counting the last few years. 

I’ve become so engrossed in the story lately that I feel like I’m a part of it. So it stands to reason that at the end of Breaking Dawn part 2, after Bella becomes a vampire and she, Edward and Renesmee live happily ever after, I didn’t want it to end. 


So I started thinking, what if it didn’t end? What if there was a 5th sequel? And what if I could have a say in what was in that sequel, what would I want in it? And the first thing that came to mind for me was completely obvious. I didn’t even have to think twice about it. 


The first thing that would have to happen to give me total and complete satisfaction is that Jane would have to die. I don’t like the control she has over other vampires with her power to cause pain, and for me, I would like nothing more than to see that little red-eyed bitch get her head ripped off.


So then, what would come next? Well, Jane’s death could be the beginning of the end for the Volturi. I’d like to see the entire Volturi coven spiral downward and get destroyed. But ripping their heads off would be too boring and ordinary. Instead, I’d like their Italian castle to go up in flames and have Arrow and his coven melt in the flames, like they were descending into hell. 


Of course, Edward and Bella would have to continue to be the stars of the show so I’m thinking they could rise to power in some way and take over where the Volturi left off. But they wouldn’t be bad vampires, they would be good. They would fight injustice and kill serial killers like Edward did when he was a newborn. 


The story could pick up 100 years after the last one, so that Bella’s parents and friends are all dead. And it’s just the Cullens now who know their truth. 


And the last idea that I have is for Jacob and Renesmee to marry and have children. It would be the ultimate way of bringing the wolves and the vampires together as a family. For the first time in their history, their bloodlines would actually mix. It would be really interesting to see what kind of children they would create and what magical powers they would have.


Do you have an idea for a Twilight sequel? If so, describe it in the comment section below. I’d love to hear about it. 


If you like a good book that keeps you on your toes and surprises you at every turn, please check out my novel, In Fashion's Web on Amazon. It has 11 5-star reviews!


No comments:

Post a Comment