Sunday, December 18, 2016

What Word Would you Kill if you Could Kill a Word?

Country singer Eric Church recently released a song called Kill a Word. The first time I heard it, I was fascinated by it. In the song, Eric talks about destroying negative words. Here's the first verse:

If I could kill a word and watch it die, 
I'd poison never, shoot goodbye, 
Beat regret when I felt I had the nerve
Yeah, I'd pound fear into a pile

When I listen to this song, it gets me wondering, what word would I kill if I could kill a word?

Well, for starters, I'd blow the hell out of war. Then I'd shrink fat. I'd stuff hunger with so much food it would beg to stop, and I'd reverse old age back to when all its grey hair was brown. Finally, I'd disintegrate landfills, vacuum up smog and sew up the hole in the ozone layer with a double row of stitches so it would never come apart.

It's a fun concept. It could even pass for a game. You give out clues and then everyone goes around the table and tries to guess which negative word you are killing.

So now I'm going to ask you, what word would you kill if you could kill a word?


Please check out my novel, In Fashion's Web on Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment