Saturday, January 21, 2017

Hand Out Business Cards for your Book

One of the first things I did after I self-published my novel, In Fashion's Web, on Amazon, is created business cards just for the book.

The card includes:
-a jpeg of the cover
-The name of the book
-The name of the author
-A link to the print version on Amazon
-A link to the Kindle version on Amazon
-A note that says you can also search Amazon by name
-And a note to 'like' the book on Facebook

There is no personal information of mine, such as my email or phone number. I left those off so that I could promote the book with people I meet on the street. Here's what it looks like:



I print these on my home printer, but you could easily have them made up at a place like Vistaprint online or a local retail printer in your home town.

When I meet a woman and I've had a few minutes to speak with her, I ask her, "Do you like to read?" and if she says yes, then I give her my card.

For example, yesterday morning, I was at my mechanic's get the oil changed in my car. There was another woman there also waiting for her car. We struck up a conversation and I asked my usual question. She said yes and I gave her a card.

I've given out cards in supermarkets, parking lots, Dunkin' Donuts, doctors' offices, to women in the hallway of the building I work in, etc. And some have bought the book as a result.

Whether you have a traditional publishing contract or not, you are still responsible for marketing your own work. This is one way to help, especially if you're traveling out of state or even out of the country.

Give out cards in the airport, on the beach, on vacation, on business trips. The farther you can distribute your cards, the better.

Now, I have to go print some cards!

Please check out my novel, In Fashion's Web on Amazon.




No comments:

Post a Comment